Dept Head: John Eldridge
The meat department offers a self serve counter and ask our butcher for any requests you may have for specialty cuts.
Ask about our celiac friendly sausages!
Our butcher will answer any question you may have regarding storage and preparation or our fine quality meats.
Our policy remains that if there is a product you would like to have, we will try everything we can to get it in for you.
Have you seen the new packaging in the meat department? New to Pepper’s , NatureTray!
We have made the switch to an earth friendly, sustainable trays and absorbent pads in our meat department. Made from annually renewable plant based plastic, instead of petroleum, our new trays emphasize our commitment to sustainability.
The facts on NatureTray:
100% renewable resource
Uses up to 65% less fossil fuel energy than traditional plastic
90% less greenhouse gas emissions
Made from plants, not oil.
- We carry meats naturally raised.
- Notice is required for some speciality items.
- All our beef is aged 21 days (Alberta beef).
- We carry a wide variety of fresh sausage made locally in Metchosin.
- Peppers also carries Vancouver Island lamb and poultry, striving to keep local business local.
- Our meats are cut and wrapped in our butcher department on a daily basis.
- We carry free range turkeys for Christmas. Give us a call to reserve your Vancouver Island Christmas Bird.
- From right here in Saanich, Kildonan Farms chicken sausage.
- Organic chicken now on the shelf! Fresh from Bradner Farms, located in Abbotsford, these chickens are British Columbia Certified Organic as well as having the distinction of being an SPCA certifed farm. Continuing our commitment to locally, ethically sourced products.